Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Moving forward

I often think to myself, what is my life going to be like in a year, two years, five years? But today I'm looking back to see what I have done with myself. 2001 was the year I graduated high school and moved to San Diego. I had a lot of fun while I lived there and made some mistakes. Since then, I worked my way up in the hotel business to assistant general manager. Then got preganant and moved to Oregon, that is when I started massage school. I had Fiona in '06 and got my massage license excatly one year from the day she was born. A month later I was working at Massage Envy and I was proud of that. 5 years later I was really fed up with the company and the people I worked with but I have to say that I am greatful for the experience. It's where I got my start and I met some really great people too. Now here I am, my own boss (even though I was thrown into it.) I always wished and hoped I would have a place of my own someday but never imagined it would come true. And its so much harder than I expected. So it comes full circle and I wonder 'where things will go from here?'
In rememerance of 9-11. Although I wasn't affected personally, its the reason I reflect each year. I feel for everyone who lost a loved one that day.

1 comment:

  1. You should be very proud of where you are. I think you have done a killer job with everything, being a mom and working your ass off. What's up with no computer? Boy we gotta hang out, I'm outta touch.
    Miss you
    Xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete