Saturday, November 9, 2013

Decisions decisions

After almost 2 years using a refurbished phone, mine decided give me trouble. I was sure that whatever was wrong with it (the microphone went out and no one could hear me on a call) wouldn't be covered and I needed to just buy a new phone. I waited almost a week before Marcus decided to call customer service from his phone. They started asking a bunch of questions and he handed the phone over. Turns out the issue is covered under warranty (I had an extended one and didn't even know) so I got a new phone for FREE. Oh and the best part is, I got a free upgrade because they don't carry my particular model anymore. Cool huh? Its basically the same phone but the new version of it. It has a longer battery life, a slightly better camera and its HD. So that makes me happy.

But, I do have a dilemma on my hands. I'm now back at the decision making process (which I strongly dislike) about where to go now in my career. I've been doing the groupon thing for 4 month now. Recently I've been offering the same price to those clients who come back a second time and then I try to sell them packages for an awesome price during that visit. Doing that helps them because its cheaper and helps me because I get a lump sum to help me pay the bills. Its also making sure that I stay busy because the busier I am, the more people want to see me. So that's all been going OK. Things are slowly starting to turn around but now the wellness center wants me to join them. That's all fine and dandy but I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time there trying to get started ( again). They offered me a killer deal but I feel like now that things are picking up at the salon, I don't want to just drop it. Even if I did figure out a transition period I still owe the salon a lot of money. The owner Jenny has been so patient with me and very nice.

I think in the long run,I think I'll be making more $ at the wellness center but I'll be somewhat limited because its not my own business. I kinda wish someone would just tell me what to do.

Anyway, that's what's going on with me. How have you handled hard decisions?

2 comments:

  1. New upgraded phone for free? Winner! I remember calling t mobile when I was with them for years and getting a brand new pink razor phone for just being a good customer, I was so happy! Good for you!

    You have a lot on your mind obviously with work. I think your best course of action is what you think will be best for biz in the long run. I know you feel like you owe this salon owner something but really besides the money you don't. Listen to your gut Tammy what is it telling you?

    If you are looking for something to do today come visit us at the Siren Nation today at the Kennedy school. Should be fun! I promise promise promise a get together soon, I really do miss you honey!
    Xxxooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got it figured out. I talked with a friend who has her own biz too. I was planning on coming today :) I work first and then I have to pick up Fini so it'll be later in the day,3-4ish. Miss you too :)

      Delete