Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wake me up in November

Oh wait, it is November! This week was somewhat busy. It was also a week of firsts. I've been cooking a little more than usual. Sometimes I just get so lazy and end up taking the easy way out. Sometimes its difficult because I work during the day and then take a break just long enough to go home, pick up Fiona as she gets off the bus and head to the salon for one last massage (which she hates).

By the time we get home I just want to sit and relax for a minute. Except a minute turns into an hour and then I'm wondering how we're gonna fit dinner, homework, nightly reading and a bath in before bed. It's all taken its toll too. I've gained more weight than I'd like to say. That needs to change asap!

Anyway, I made chili for the first time. It was a recipe given to me by the lovely Krista. It was yummy! I also made fried chicken for the first time (I know, not a healthy choice but I wanted to try) it didn't turn out so well :( Lastly, it was my first Halloween with out my lil bubba. It felt so strange. I'm sure she had fun at her dads though.

I dressed up just to enter a contest my apartment building was having. I was a bag of groceries. I threw it together in like 30 minutes but I think it came out OK. The ladies who work in the office though are super unorganized and I waited for 20+ minutes to have my picture taken. One of them ended up snapping a pic with her phone. She was supposed to email it to the office manager but I have a feeling she never did. Oh well, I had fun making it.

I hope the weekend treats you well. I'm off to a gala tomorrow evening so that should be fun. See ya around

2 comments:

  1. Well how did it turn out? You are suppose to let it sit in the fridge overnight before serving:). The flavors get stronger that way. You and Fiona look so cute! I love Halloween!
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good! I liked it. Marcus and I had chili for like 4 days because there was so much. Fiona can't handle very much spice so she didn't try it.

      Delete