Monday, November 25, 2013

Getting crafty

Its the week of Thanksgiving and people are crowding stores everywhere. When it comes to shopping, I hate crowds.

Fiona and I went to a fabric store to pick some scraps for a project. There's a Michael's not far from my house and there's a giant building next to it that I always assumed was a place that sold flooring. So we were driving to Michaels and I ended up in the wrong driveway. I turned a little early and pulled in the parking lot of a Kaiser medical place. I couldn't cut over to the right parking lot because there was a hill and trees that seperated them so I just parked anyway and walked over. That's when we passed this "flooring place" and saw that it was really a fabric store.

Fiona has been talking about sewing and how she wants to make stuff. She was excited and wanted to get everything. If they weren't closing I bet we would have been in there a lot longer.

We ended up going to Michaels anyway just to look around and get some white paint. We got to the yarn section and I ended up buying her a loom. I remember using one as a kid and this way she doesn't have to work with needles.

The place was packed and that's probably a good thing. I just wanted to get outta there and now my wallet is thanking me.
So we got home with 2 different yarns and I had to figure out how to get the scarf started. Once Fiona took over and got the hang of it I didn't hear a peep. I came to check on her while I was in the middle of making dinner and she said "This is kinda cool, I like it!" As it was getting longer she had to show me her progress, it was cute. So maybe in the future she can make me some cool stuff :) If I didn't already buy her a birthday gift she might have gotten some more yarn.

Fiona's birthday is the day after thanksgiving this year.She's going to her dads for both so that's kinda sad. I'm hoping at least I'll get Xmas with her. We decided to celebrate the big #7 on Wednesday tho. She wants to go bowling, should be fun.

Be thankful and enjoy the holiday.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!!! I think it's great to get kids making stuff early! I also can't believe how big that dang cat is!!!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete