Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summertime fun

This mama needs a massage. After having some time off and only doing a massage here and there, its hard to get used to having a busy schedule again. I only have 3 groupons left. I was hoping to sell out of them by today but really I'm just happy I got so close.

In other news, yesterday our neighbors decided to fish for some crawdads in the creek that's in our backyard area. I had no idea anything lived in that creek. We saw a bunch of tadpoles too. The kids had a lot of fun.

Shortly after releasing the crawfish, we decided to go swimming. About 6 kids in the neighborhood came. I'm so glad Fiona has kids to play with. The one person who has brought us all together is leaving though. Her husband got a job in Coos Bay area teaching middle school so it's all happening very quickly. I've never had an experience with a neighbor like this before so it's really sad to see her go.

Last school year I would take Fiona to the bus stop and send her off to school. Then Andi and I would get together for coffee one or two times a week and just hang out. I'll miss that. 

It's been difficult after losing a best friend and losing a job. There aren't many people to talk to. My coworkers drove me crazy most of the time but I have to admit that I miss having a few of them around to BS with every day.

We'll make the most of it though and hey, now that we know someone near the beach, we'll have somewhere to stay ;)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day spent fishing and then playing at the pool. I miss being a kid when I look at these pictures. I hate how people come and go in our lives but it does seem to be a constant but that doesn't make it any easier.
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete